I say that because it isn't always easy to know if I am making the right choices or if I am letting pride weasel its way into my actions. I ask God daily, "What do you want us to do today, Lord? How do I serve you and those you have brought to Lilia's Place? How do I best share your good news?"
You see, as a missionary with a different type of ministry, you can get all kinds of advice and you can hear all kinds of criticisms and you hear all kinds of praises, but if I listen to all those voices I end up more confused than ever. I have discovered that my best source of what God expects comes not from everyone else, but from the man himself, from reading His words, the Bible!
I am called to love my neighbor and to go into all the world and spread the good news to all creation. Looking at the Lilia's Place Ministry I can see those two commands going hand in hand. It isn't just Doug and I, because the Lilia's Place Ministry is so much more, there is Alaric, Irish, Caidy, Ronald, Joereil, Benjoseph and without a doubt, everyone of our FAITH Home mothers. Love abounds at Lilia's Place and it is contagious!
People are asking, "Why, why do you love us?" and we get to share the gospel with them. This month we had two very special baptisms, Antoneita and Teresa. Antoneita has been studying with Joereil and Benjoseph for about 15 months. She is the mother of 6 beautiful children. Teresa has been studying with us for about 6 months. She is new to our ministry and was brought to us by one of our FAITH Home mothers, Jennifer. Teresa lives in the cemetery and has two children, Ryan and Rhealyn, both attend our kindergarten.
You have been a refuge for the poor, a refuge for the needy in his distress, a shelter from the storm and a shade from the heat...Isaiah 25:4

No comments:
Post a Comment