Since beginning our street ministry nearly 18 months ago, Doug and I have encountered many comments and many questions; aren't you afraid, what if you catch something, "those" people can't be helped, you are fighting a losing battle, it's too much heartache...well you get the drift. I once was able to just shrug it off and recognize that with prejudice comes fear and that it is easier to judge a group of people that we know nothing about than to really accept our flaws as Christians.
How many of us walk or drive by a homeless or poor person daily? Most of us will continue by without stopping. Many of us will stare straight ahead and never acknowledge that there is a human presence. It is that very act of dehumanizing that allows us to justify our actions. I too am ashamed to admit that I am guilty of these very actions.
God commands all of us to share what is good and to share our faith, or to evangelize. But what if sharing your life is more than evangelizing? What if it means sharing your heart, your love, your resources and your life?
I love our work! I love our families! I am blessed to be able to go out on the streets, to our F.A.I.T.H. Homes, to the schools and to squatter areas. My passion comes from knowing that we will never treat people better than we can see them! Those beautiful children begging on the streets or that crippled man sitting on the sidewalk, or that insanely dancing elderly lady on the street, they are not nuisances or trash to be swept away. They are God's opportunity for you to share the gospel. Do you take God up on His opportunity?Jonathan Storment

1 comment:
You are doing the Lord's work! We all need to look for ways to love others. :)
Post a Comment